Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Caviar Nails


How about some caviar… For your nails?

A little fact most do not know about me is that I have been a licensed nail technician for over 13 years. At a young age, I always paid attention to my nails and when the acrylic nail fad of the 90's came around, I wanted to learn all about it (did I just age myself or what. haha). I enrolled in beauty school and took the state licensing board but I never made a career out of it. It was just an item on my bucket list that I can check off. To this day, I still swoon over pretty nails.

Fashion Week was filled with plenty of darkly hued nails, but at the Cushnie et Ochs Fall 2011 fashion show, models donned black beaded nails appearing as though they had been just dipped into the luxurious delicacy.

Want to try & create this caviar manicure at home?
  1. Apply two coats of black nail polish
  2. Dry and then cover the fingernail in nail glue
  3. Dip nails into black seed beads and add a sprinkle of glitter for some sparkle
  4. Set nail art with activator spray
While black nails are not my thing, I'm thinking this could be fun with a mixture of brightly colored seed beads. Sort of like cupcake sprinkles... for your nails!